Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My first day in japan


I landed in Japan after being crammed into a plane and it took me ten minutes just to get the taxi to drive me to my hotel that I had booked.  I watched thousands of people walking on the busy streets of Tokyo with people knocking into each other as the shop keepers tried to herd them into their stores. If this was Australia there would be people marveling at the traffic but here everyone found it normal. Once the taxi stopped at the hotel he asked for the money. I awkwardly checked Google translator to find out how much I owed him. Then I entered the hotel the Emperor’s hotel .I had an awkward encounter in the toilet where I couldn't find out how to flush the toilet and the buttons confused me. When I was finally in my room then I sat on the bed and watched television soon I was hungry. I ventured down stairs to the street and checked Google map for a good restaurant. After browsing the web I found Ginnabe which is apparently a great sushi bar and me not being a huge fan of sushi I found the best one possible. I traveled through the packed streets with my head bopping over the crowd trying to look for land marks but I could only see the hoods and hair with lights from the   restaurants and stores shining down on everyone. Then I thought this is probably why the world is dying because someone is using so much energy to power these buildings. Then it began to rain and umbrellas shot up and rain began to pour down, I got hit in the eye and it was unpleasant. I entered the restaurant. It was a nice classical sushi bar with paper walls and sat in front of a large list of food. Being the westerner that I am I ordered the one with the most fish. After sitting around looking at my phone with a blank look on my face I looked up to see the food was coming. If my Japanese was better I would have seen the dish came with wasabi.  Wasabi was laying on top of the fish that was served to me. I had eaten a small amount of wasabi and I was on my forth glass of water but that just made it worst. I called quits and headed to my hotel room for a night in bed. I hope tomorrow is better because if not I’m not coming back to japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment