On the first
day of my holiday to Vanuatu I had arrived at my destination. The flight was
terrible! There was a family sitting behind me and a small child was kicking
the back of my chair and the mother was crying and worst of all…there was a
crying baby.Once we arrived in Vanuatu there was a line of women and men all
dressed in tribal like garb. The women and men greeted us warmly with big
smiles, pleasant greetings and also put a necklace of flowers around our necks
and then the men started doing a dance and the women sang and played
instruments. Ugh! I got to the motel and I hate it already! I checked when I
arrived here how much it was rated on motelssssuck.net and it was rated a
20/10. There are insects and bugs everywhere
however this is the only place I could get for $1.27 and some pocket lint. Today
I will finish unpacking my things and setting them where they need to be and
then I will set out onto the town of Port Vila to do some much needed
exploring. Maybe tomorrow I can see if there are any cultural events unfolding
at the tourism centre as well. I’ll also need to get the souvenir shopping out
of the way so I can have more time to do other, more important things. Today
has been great so far! I have been to the tourism centre to see if there are going to be any cultural events happening and
I am right on time for the “Naghol” festival. From what I can gather from the
tour guide it is some sort of homemade bungie jumping ceremony made from wood
and vine. Apparently it only takes place every Saturday from April to May.
No comments:
Post a Comment