Thursday, August 29, 2013

Blog #1


Blog #1

New Delhi, India.


After enduring my 15 hour flight to New Delhi three days ago I was a foolish mess unable to regulate my personal grooming, sleep patterns and appetite. But thanks to the lovely staff at the Leeda Palace I am feeling rejuvenated after my massage, facial and body scrub!

So far in New Delhi I have spent my time soaking in the culture and excitement that this beautiful country has to offer, it is so exotic and colorful!
Last night, I dined at a traditional Indian restaurant named Karims. I have always had a love for Indian food, so this little restaurant was my own personal dream come true! I had some gorgeous and perfectly crisp samosas for my entree and a succulent, creamy butter chicken as my main. While leaving, I noticed the overwhelming number of people outside Karims. There is so much congestion in this little country; they’re like hundreds of tiny little ants all working on their individual jobs and dodging each other! This has lead me into a minor case of culture shock, feeling sick and making it difficult to motivate myself to leave the western hotel lobby.

But I moved on and visited a good's market today and just like Karims had such a large troop of people! The market was located in what seemed to have once been a crops paddock but was now filled with an array of items. There were beautiful saris, old clothing, used clothing, second-hand household items and household décor that the stalls men deemed “priceless” and “vintage”. I was astounded by the vibrant flavors and excitement that engulfed me. Everyone haggling for money and trying to sell me useless things that I will most likely never look at again, but I got sucked in. I purchased a beautiful, fuchsia, silk sari that is encrusted with what seems like millions of diamonds, something I will cherish.

In two days I shall be departing New Delhi and staying in Agra. I am really looking forward to visiting the Taj Mahal, a luxurious palace built in 1500 and 1600 hundreds by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his late third wife, Mumtaz Mahal.

Until next time,

Mia.








No comments:

Post a Comment