One highlight of my trip to Japan was the Tokyo
International Anime Fair on the 22nd
of March. It is so popular that even people who had booked had camped out on
the street to make sure they were the first to go in when the convention
opened. Inside the convention there was a variety of anime and manga stands
ranging from the more popular worldwide amines and manga’s such as ‘Death Note’ and ‘Sword Art Online’
to the lesser known single nation anime and manga’s which include ‘Say I love
you’. All of the exhibits had products
that they were trying to advertise and some of the things they were selling
where action figures, comic books and things that had never made it to the public.
There were also a couple of panel discussions by “crunchyroll” (a company that
shows new anime episodes online before they have even been released).
After the convention I walked around
the surrounding area to find a food joint and there where many ranging from
fast food noodles to expensive traditional Japanese restaurants. I decided to
eat at a fairly cheap café no more then 1-2 kilometres from Tokyo Big Sight (the building that the convention was held at. It's a little bit like Federation Square in Melbourne but with an incredible design.) I
found a small cafe that sold okonomiyaki which is Japan’s savory pancake made of cabbage. It was really good. After dinner
I hopped on a train to Shibuya which is Tokyo’s youth capital(with a wide range of bars, cafes, hotels and arcades. After wandering
around for a while I found a small hotel, Hotagaya, which was ranked 14 out of
29 hotels in Shibuya. It wasn’t
that nice, however for the price it was reasonable.
 |
| Tokyo big sight |
 |
| national Anime fair. |
-describe the big sight. what is this? what does it look like?
ReplyDelete- what is there to do at the Youth Capital? I'd like to know more about this.
- could you include pictures to Big Sight, Youth Capital and the Anime Convention