Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Blog #2 Hello again,

A week ago I took a bus from Thimphu the Capital city of Bhutan to a smaller city called Phuntsholing. After my amazing experience in Thimphu this can hardly compare to it. With a lot of poverty and unfortunately I have had my wallet stolen.  My motel that I am staying at is two stars which is almost top of the range. The food is the same with Thimphu though; red rice is not used as much.



One thing that I really dislike about Phuntsholing is the amount of military and police personal; in fact they search your bags and cars for anything suspicious. The reason for this is how it is right on the boarder of India so there would be a lot of illegal immigrants coming and going from both Phuntsholing and India. As I said before, I had my wallet stolen. The story behind this is I was exploring and just having a stroll through on of the night markets when I was approached by this suspicions looking gentleman. He asked me where I was from and what I was doing in Bhutan and then suddenly walked of. I took no notice of it but when I was going to pay for something, I realized my wallet was not there. I also remembered the gentleman very gently feeling my pocket. 

From almost any were in the city, you can see the road to Thimphu which is a narrow road that snakes around a mountain. There is beautiful trekking around the road and on my way back to Thimphu I hope to go exploring and do some trekking. I’m guessing that is where all of the beautiful wonders of Phuntsholing are.  Another great thing about the city is the street food, with the narrow streets coming alive at night with lots of vendors selling their different types of exotic food.  In Phuntsholing, there are lots of markets which are both god and bad. The good thing is that I can buy lots of their native foods and the bad things are that considering I am a tourist, the people will corner me in and try to get me to buy their things which some of the time I don’t want to buy.

Phuntsholing is an interesting place with lots of poverty. But I absolutely loved the street food and the markets. About next week, I hope to take the bus back to Thimphu where I will stay for another fortnight.

By For now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment