Wednesday, September 4, 2013
: When
I hopped out of the taxi at Ueno Zoo
the man driving said
something to me and, from my brief knowledge of how to speak the Japanese
language, it sounded like he was telling me that I was going to love the zoo. I had to assume he was stating it
was really good compared to
most of their zoos.
When I got to the gate there
was a very big line zigzagging around towards the entrance and at this point I
was wondering if the taxi driver was being sarcastic. After waiting in the line
for a couple of hours in this massive line I finely got inside the zoo and
there were people
everywhere. It was even more packed then the line outside!
It was very odd comparing
it to Melbourne Zoo as it was so
packed that I couldn’t even see the animals because all the people where
blocking my view. Whereas, in Australia, no matter where you were, if you found
this amount of people in one place, it would seem insane.
After a little bit of
walking around I found a gap in the crowd of people leading to the tiger
exhibit. When I
got to the glass wall blocking me from the tigers, I must admit the Ueno Zoo
tiger cage was a bit bigger than the one back in Melbourne. However, with all
the sound and people just staring at them they seemed more sad compared to the
ones back in Melbourne. It made me think how all the other animals were
reacting, for the tigers had probably the least amount of people viewing them,
so the other animals would
probably be terrified.
After seeing a few of the
other exhibits I got really frustrated at how crowded the place was so I decided to leave but the line to get out
was just a big as the line to get in. The day wasn’t too bad; however, it still
could have been better. I did prefer the visit to the game
convention.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment